Suggest dosage for Aldactone

Posted on Sat, 4 Nov 2017 in Elderly Problems
Question: I am a 83 youthful woman, very slim, in good physical condition. But I have Afib and a 5.5 centimeter aneurysm who is considering surgery to repair the aneurysm. Want to have the least invasive surgery possible by the most experienced surgeon on the planet. Have researched procedures but have to see surgeon again and decide on best procedure and best rated hospital for procedure. I am terrified of hospitals.
Presently I take 120 mg Dilthiazem, 1/2 40 mg LASIx, 2 2.5 mg Eliquis. A new cardiologist prescribed 1/2 25 Aldactone to also take. I drink beet juice every day. Should I add this Aldactone for blood pressure with these other meds for blood pressure unless it gets to a certain elevated point? I take my blood pressure at home and it's usually pretty good--like 133 and 80.
Please give your opinion about what I am doing. Want to exercise but don't want to do anything too strenuous for that aneurysm.
Are you really there? I have never done this before.
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please continue Aldactone as prescribed

Detailed Answer:
Thak you for trusting HCM

Since you have been diagnosed with an aneurysm, it is best to maintain systolic blood pressure in the range of 110-120 mm of Hg to prevent aneurysm rupture.
Since your Systolic blood pressure is in currently in 130s, it is best to continue Aldactone as prescribed.
Limit exercise activity to brisk walking for 15-20 minutes. Do not over exert. Make sure that your heartbeat does not go over 100 beats/ minute.
Minimally invasive endovascular surgical repair is now available for thoracic or abdominal aortic aneurysm. Endovascular Surgery is done through small incision via groin.

Hope this answers your question
Please let me know if you need further clarifications
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal