Suggest home remedies for cough and cold in an infant
Avoid Chericof at this age please
Hi.... by what you quote I feel that your kid is having acute dysentery and it could be bacterial as there is blood in the motion.
Using mahacef is appropriate, but coming to the issue of chericof please do not use it as it is not licensed to be used at this young age.
Actually cough is protective reflex at this age so it should not be subdued. There are no effective home remedies to be given safely at this age.
Cough brings the phlegm up and the baby will swallow it. It will come out as motion or in the vomiting. So if the baby is not having any respiratory distress you need not treat cough.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
You can use Econorm - might take a week to settle
Hi....You can use Econorm. It isa probiotic... you can use half XXXXXXX twice a day for 5 days.
Once it starts it will take 5-7 days to completely get better.
Unless the kid's having low urine output or very dull or excessively sleepy or green bilious vomiting...you need not worry.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Infant have cough giving wikoryl for cold suggest home remedies
- Cold and cough for 2 year old home remedy
- Home remedies for cold and cough for a 10 month old baby
- Home remedies for mucusy cough from cold
- Home remedies cough cold bitter gourd
- Home remedies for cough and cold for 3 year old child
- Home remedies for cough cold fever in children
- Home remedies for cough with flum and cold in babies
- Suggest home remedies for severe cough and cold in children
- Suggest some home remedies for common cold
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?