Does a sore head post sinus treatment require medical attention?
No need to worry
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
As such it is not something to be worried about. However, sinusitis can be difficult be get full relief from. Sinusitis is an infection of sinuses, the air pockets contained in our skull. It is most often caused due to viral although occasionally there is a superadded bacterial infection present. Antibiotics or any other medicines cannot reach the sinuses properly and sinuses have a poor blood supply. Antibiotics may relieve the superadded bacterial infections, but the unresolved underlying infection may flare up subsequently. Taking steam inhalation can provide relief as it helps in opening up the openings of the sinuses that have been blocked by thickened mucus. Water in form of vapour will reach deep inside and will help in dilute the thickened mucus.
Take rest and plenty of fluids to drink. You may take naproxen 500 mg tablet when required, in case you have pain.
You need not worry. Hopefully it would be get well soon. You would need to seek additional medical help in case of respiratory distress or increased wheezing.
Feel free to write back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sinus treatment
- Homeo treatment for sinus bradycardia
- Sores on a bald head treatment
- Drugs/medication for sinus tachycardia treatment
- Heaviness head sinus relief treatment
- What is the treatment for sinus infection and sore throat
- Treatment for klebsiella sinus infection
- Head lice treatment and treatments
- Treatment and cure for sinus tachycardia treatment
- What is the treatment for severe sore throat after sinusitis