• question-icon

Suggest dosage for Wysolone

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Infertility Problem
Question: I am 38 years old. I was advised to take wysolene 10 mg tablet 4 days before and 10 days after 5 days of embryo FET. But I had continued till date. Today I got positive b hcg test. Could I stop wysolene 10 mg or should I need to continue? If so, how long I should continue?
Answered by Dr. Khushboo Priya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hi I think you should continue taking wysolone.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome to healthcaremagic.

I think you should continue wysolone till 12 weeks of pregnancy. You should not stop it abruptly. It has been found to be helpful in implantation process by alleviating the autoimmune factors.

You will have to stop it gradually by decreasing the dose over 4 to 5 days at around 11 weeks. Don't worry about anything. Get a ultrasound done when your bhcg value crosses 1500.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any other query, I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Khushboo Priya 3 days later
Thanks for the response. On 16th day after FET, B HCG was 2285 mIU/ml. On 19th day, gestational sac is seen. I understand wysolene is steroids, is it safe to continue? Would it have any impact and was it a mistake done for not stopping on 10th day of FET.
Answered by Dr. Khushboo Priya 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi, I think it is safe.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I think it is not a mistake. It is generally given in women with suspected autoimmune factors or repeated failed IVF. It is not advisable to stop it till 12 weeks of pregnancy.

So, don't worry about it. Take proper rest and continue your medicines. Also have a discussion with your doctor regarding this if you are so much worried. But, I don't think there is any mistake.

Hope I have answered your question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Khushboo Priya

Infertility Specialist