Suggest appropriate birth control for PCOD with acne

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: what type of birth control is good for PCOD and helps acne
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
For PCOD with acne, it is best to take brands such as Krimson or Diane - 35.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.

Recent questions on  Acne

I was clinically diagnosed with epilepsy a few days ago and I'm still taking time for the news to sink in. I'm feeling very scared and confused, and have one particular reason to doubt my diagnosis and ask for a second opinion.

My first seizure (2 years ago and dismissed as a panic attack) and a subsequent cluster of 7/8? over 2 days last Oct, always begin untypically?

I get a sudden claw like cramp in my left hand and then it bends back on me and I get an excruciating pain, like i'm being electrocuted, which travels up from my hand to my shoulder. My arm 'contorts' as the pain travels upwards and I have no control over it. It's like my arm is not my own and it has the power to push me sideways or down to the floor. While this is happening I have an overwhelming fear that I'm going to die and this terrifies me!

I think it takes about 10 seconds for the pain to reach my shoulder and then I pass out.

I wake up/come round feeling very depressed or in tears and with no memory of what's just happened. After some period of time (have no idea how long) my memory of 'the event' comes flooding back to me, I find I have bitten my tongue, lip and/or inside cheek and can't remember things such passwords or even my date of birth!

All of my hospital tests were clear, but from my description of what was happening to me, the neurologist said it is typical of focal epilepsy affecting and beginning in the right side of my brain (hence the left side symptoms) progressing quickly to a generalised seizure affecting the whole on my brain.

I've done a lot of research about epilepsy, so I understand what was explained to me, but I haven't found any reference to my personal experience of any 'convulsion' or extreme pain before loss of conciousness?

I've been prescribed medication (Trileptal) but I'm reluctant to take it as my last seizure was five months ago. My neurologist asked me if I wanted to take medication and I said yes. She then reeled off the names of three meds so quickly I can't remember what they were. I said I would like the medication with the least side effects, the neurologist then explained about a side affecting contraception, but explained nothing else.

I feel I was in no position to make an informed decision regarding medication and have susequently found that Tileptal is the worst medication for me in terms of side effects regarding hair loss and acne.

Futhermore, my neurologist went on a month's leave the day after my consultation. I rang the departments epilepsy nurse, expressing my concerns but she couldn't help, as the neurologist had made minimal notes!

I really don't know what to do. I live alone with my 2 sons aged 9 and 11, and I don't know how this medication could affect me as it does mention in the advice leaflet that it may increase seizures?

After rushing to make my Dr s appointment yesterday, for a little acne problem, they took my BP and it was 102 over 82. I complain to my doctor about my constant tiredness, but he just laughs it off (like people would kill for your blood pressure ). I am a 74 yr old femaleand it gets harder to get things done (I live by myself). Any drugs or OTC meds I can take to be less tired? Could a low dose of Adderal help? My heart rate is 50 ! Erika

gluten intolerant
hi doctor,

I'm a 25 year old Asian woman. I have had constipation and acne problems all my life. I eat a lot of veggies, fruits and wholegrain. I've been taking fibre supplements too but nothing helped. In the last few years I also have irregular period, but this time its my longest (5 months since my last period). I've seen doctors and did blood test, they think I have pcos, but the ultrasound showed I have no cyist. Lastly I've heard about gluten intolerant, and this can lead to all my problems, is it true gluten can cause constipation, acne and miss period? how do I know for sure that I am allergic to gluten?

Thank you.

Helena

hi, this may seem odd and I m somewhat embarressed by this, however: I m taking depo provera and i was wondering if due to my also having IBS it might be aiding in making me feel bad. I bleed after sex, there s alot of blood in my stool, I have much more acne and haven t been able to see a weight change after gaining 20 lbs during a job with constant activity when i started eating better as well and my breast are insanely tender...

I picked up my prescription for Neosalus cream. I had some left in the old tube, so it was a couple weeks before I opened the prescription package. When I opened it, I found included a tube of Tretinoin , which I don't remember my dermatologist...

I started using a Retin A product called acretin 0.05. it's my first time on retin a products. I've been prescribed this cream because I got mild acne in my cheeks the past 2 months. I wanted to know what are the disadvantages of this product as I...

acne prone skin but very mild.