Suggest an alternative medication for Razo-L taken for GERD
The symptoms are felt more after having food than before food. Having RAZO-L but its not effective. Any other alternate medicine.
As detailed below.
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate:male/35 - Taking Razo-L but not effective- GERD - burning sensation and mild pain behind chest and upper part of stomach - more after food - Wants alternative medicines...
Please give some details for me to assist you better:
- Since when have you got this problem?
- Since when are you taking Razo-L?
- Any investigations done?
- What sort of your job or earning source- to know the level of stress and/or and anxiety
- Smoking/Drinking/ Spicy and fried food?
- What are the factors that you must have observed that instigate or enhance your problem and those factors the reduce your symptoms?
- Any other information you would like to share....
The general guideline which helps all my patients are:
- Upper GI Endoscopy to know the exact level/extent of the problem.
- Razo L already contains a PPI and Motility regulator, hence to continue.
- Add-on treatment as follows:
Ranitidine 150 mg at 12 hourly interval.
Antacid gel like Happicid or Mucaine gel 3 tsf at 3 hourly interval.
- Control of the stress and/or anxiety is the mainstay of the treatment.
- Divide food requirement in 4 parts and to be taken as breakfast, lunch, brunch (evening) and dinner. This is in spite of your problem being more on food. This is so as the cause of burning after food can be gastritis in acute phase hence the touch of food is causing the problems. Upper GI endoscopy helps to pin-point the problem.
- Make a list of foods, beverages and other factors that enhance or instigate your problem and to strictly avoid them. Prevention is better than cure.
- 8 hours of sound sleep, undisturbed.
- Take at least 1 hour after dinner to lye down.
- Moderate exercises
Many of the things mentioned above look trivial or small, but are the most important part in healing and getting cure.
I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to give feedback and feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap communication.
My only question is there any better medicine to reduce the pain and burning sensation.
For how many days should i continue RAZO-L , Happicid and Ranitindine.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Which is the best medication for gerd
- Drugs/medication for secondary gerd
- Drugs/medication for optimal gerd
- Drugs/medication for gerd
- Oxyelite pro gerd medication
- Suggest best possible medication for gerd symptoms
- Drugs/medication for intermittent gerd
- Gerd medication with oxyelite
- Drugs/medication for erosive gerd
- Drugs/medication for acute gerd