Suggest an alternative for Lipator

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My dr has prescribe lipator. don't want to take it!! I don't believ it is good for you in the long run. As It depletes the Co Q 10 and affects my memory. My good cholesterol is very good. My over all number is 220. my LDLi1 121. One of my doctors did bllod work and determined I am not at rish for a heart attack despite my over weight. So, do I really need to Take this ?? Or, is just something my doctor does to feel like he is on the safe side?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
take short term

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I have read your query
I would suggest that you start the medicine for now.
My practice is that I usually start my patients on the medicine.
For a short duration- 3 months.
Then 3 months later I test the lipid profile.
If it is normal, I ask them to stop the medicine- continue diet control and physical exercise. And then monitor lipid profile regularly.
I suggest the same for you
Best of luck
Dr Mittal