Suggest alternative medication for Lithium taken for hyperthyroidism
Quetiapine; lamotrigine; oxcarbazepine
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I understand how lithium can cause fluctuations in the thyroid profile and so I recommend other substitutes like:
+Quetiapine or olanzapine for bipolar disorder
+Lamotrigine for epilepsy
+Oxcarbazepine or carbamazepine
But please discuss these medications with your doctor as he/she will be the best judge as to which medication and what dosage will suit you best sir. I hope I have explained things in a manner best understood by you. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
Yes you can sir, if it is doing its job well enough
Dicorate 500 mg per day can be taken sir, if this is what was prescribed by your doctor then you should continue with the same dosage, unless you have been experiencing side effects or other such indications for a revision in your dosage, but do not discontinue the medication without consulting your prescribing doctor sir.
I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to write to me about anything else.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for congenital hyperthyroidism
- Drugs/medication for facetious hyperthyroidism
- Drugs/medication for subclinical hyperthyroidism
- Drugs/medication for maternal hyperthyroidism
- Drugs/medication for gestational hyperthyroidism
- Drugs/medication for Hyperthyroidism
- Medical marijuana for hyperthyroid
- Eyebags from hyperthyroid medication?
- Drugs/medication for autoimmune hyperthyroidism
- Drugs/medication for recurrent hyperthyroidism
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...