Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Suffering from stomach bloating and uneasiness after eating. Will it be controlled by diet?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
i am suffering from stomach bloating, some times little uneasyness after eating. Doctor prescribed kool-it capsules and geridys capsules for 3 days and he has also suggested gastroscopy and abdominal scanning for further investigation. He suggested not to drink coffee much, not to eat carrot, cabbage, beetroot , XXXXXXX chillies etc; suspecting some ulcer. what is your second opinion in this regard. kindly guide. whether by diet i can control? what type of food i have to take daily? please guide
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

The symptoms you have like stomach bloating and uneasiness after eating are typically seen in people with gastric ulcers or gastritis of any severity.

The doctor you consulted has advised you the specific treatment, 15 days of the above medications will surely show much difference.Do continue the Kool -it Capsules for a period of 15 days , if symptoms persist the do take the same course of 15 days again after a gap of a week.

You may have to avoid the spicy foods, spice does stimulate stomach acid and worsen the gastritis.Having foods less in fat and spice will surely help you get rid of the acidity.Do consume a lots of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables which will reduce the bloating sensation in the stomach.Consumption of the fruits specially after food in the night will reduce the acid in the stomach.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from stomach bloating and uneasiness after eating. Will it be controlled by diet? 7 minutes later
some times, i feel hardness of stomach. i am trying to take only liquid food like, water, horlicks, etc and avoiding XXXXXXX chillies, but taking food items which are prepared with red chillies(dried chillies). whether i should avoid oil items also (like dosa, etc?). whether i can drink butter-milk with little salt? whether i have to eat less throughout the day? kindly guide.

i sincerely thank for your guidance/reply. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Do not restrict your food consumption to liquids, do consume solid foods adequately.

Lessening the food intake can worsen the acidity.

Red chillies are fine but less the better.

Yes, avoiding oil foods is for good.Oil stimulates bile and other enzymes in the stomach which can cause increased acid output.

Yes, you can have butter milk with salt..

Restriction of spice and oily foods is what all you need to do.

Hope I cleared your doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from stomach bloating and uneasiness after eating. Will it be controlled by diet? 9 hours later
i take more than 8-10 cups of coffee daily (just about 50ml each times - totally it may come to 500 ml maximum). whether to be reduced? actually i am avoiding coffee frequently - as i am working in bank accounts sec. i feel to drink coffee to avoid work stress. sometimes i drink badam milk instead of coffee. whether tea is good instead of coffee?

whether brinjal, aloo, carrot, beetroot , onions should be avoided ?

sorry for disturbing you again. please guide. thank you very much sir. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 52 minutes later

Both Coffee and Tea can worsen the gastritis,You may have to quit slowly.

Yes, you can have carrot,beetroot but less onions.None of them cause any problem to the gastritis you have.

I am here to help, kindly feel free to ask any doubts you have.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor