Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from painful constipation and diarrhoea. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
Gooday Dr Grief

My name is XXXXXXX and I am 41. I have had approximately 27 procedures - most gynecological in nature (3rd degree endometriosis constantly since I was 20). 4 years ago I had a TVC sling inserted as my bladder had prolapsed. A year later I had my son - caesarian. Last year October I had a hysterectomy (ovaries remaining). For the last couple of months I have had sharp stabbing pains when I make a poo and wet myself when I sneeze. (my poo looks like rabbit droppings) and have bouts of constipation then diarrhea. These symptoms only happen every 2 weeks or so. A gastroenterologist did a colonoscopy which he abandoned. He said while I was sedated I screamed when he inserted the camera. He has advised me to see a gynecologist as it might be endometriosis or a gynecologist urologist as my sling might have dislodged. My question is WHO DO I SEE NOW. I don't have stomach pain - only bloating. My urine doesn't burn when I wee but I do experience pain lower left and right side. I have pain (not severe) during and after intercourse. I am at my wits end. Please could you advise. As an after thought. What is your general opinion on HCG drops. I am 20 kg's overweight and as mentioned have had a hysterectomy. Recent tests indicate that my hormone levels are perfect. Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you.
Posted Thu, 15 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 6 hours later
Thanks for the query

You have a very detail gynecological history. The most common pains of the lower abdomen are due to intestine problems which you have received normal reports from the gastroenteterologist, urinary tract problems like infections or stones and gynecological problems which includes many conditions.

The most significant history you are having pains while making a poo and wetting with straining like sneezing and constipation also. The wetting is most likely due to genuine stress incontinence which most probably seems to be a result of cystocele or bladder prolapse and pain in make poo due to rectocele or rectal prolapse.

It seems that prolapse have reoccurred which is a gynecological problem and you should consult your gynecologist which if she considers better will refer you further to any concerned specialty

The HCG drops are claimed to be having very good results in weight loss in a comparatively less time but follows it a though protocol as you have to do massive changes in your diet as the most of energy you gets from the fats that are utilized from stores the the HCG hormone. These modification might result in side effects like headaches, dizziness, constipation and cramps due to low potassium intake. These symptoms are more prominent during the initial days.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor