Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hyper thyroid. What cure and medication should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 2094 Questions
is hyper thyroid a XXXXXXX desease, can i get married and how to overcome with this problem is there any remedy/medicine for this. what will be the side effects after getting married.
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for sharing you concern here

Thyroid disorders are not XXXXXXX and can be treated. However you have asked about hyperthyroid (High Thyroid level) but Thyronorm is used for Hypothyroid (Low Thyroid Level) - Please clarify what exactly is your problem (Hyper or hypothyroid)? You can upload your thyroid function levels (T3, T4 and TSH) levels if you have them; that will give more clarity and understanding of your problem. You can use the upload option available on this page to post the reports.

You can certainly get married; there will not be any significant problem due to thyroid disorder when the hormones are controlled with proper medications.

As far as dose of Thyronorm is concerned you are prescribed 62.5 micro gm/day. If it is not available at your place you can ask your pharmacist for 50 and 25 microgram tablets. One tablet of 50 microgram and half tablet of 25 microgram can be taken. This will equal the prescribed dose.

I will be available for further comments about treatment after hearing from you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor