Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from headache, ringing ear and runny nose. What treatment should be done?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5570 Questions
Hi- I have had a headache 24 hours per day for about 3 weeks. The headaches vary in intensity, and cme in waves. Pain is usually felt at the base of my skull where it meets my spine. When I feel one of these come on, I also get a taste in my mouth, somewhat metallic, a ringing in my ears, and I feel poorly. I want to lie down for a while. I feel almost poisened. Along with these symptons, my nose feels like it is running, but there is nothing there.
I was being treated for sinusitis, but the antibiotics have done nothing to alleveiate these symptons.
What do you think please?
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely cause of your headaches could be "muscle tension headache".

In this condition, pain is located at the back of head and upper part of neck. This may come intermittently. Massage of the affected area gives relief. There is no vomiting or nausea in this condition.

For symptom relief, you may take analgesics such as diclofenac or ibuprofen. Small dose of amitryptyline may also be useful.

If symptoms persist, you may consult a neurologist.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor