Suffering from gall bladder stones. No symptoms. Suggested for laproscopic surgery to remove gallbladder. Advice?

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Ayurveda
Question: Dear Doctor(Dr. Munish Sood),
one of my familymember is suffering from gallbladder stones(two stones) and no sysmptoms for teh same.normal check with gynoicologist we found stones.do we have any medicine for this in Ayurveda..Alopathy suggested for laproscopic surgery to remove gallbladder.kindly advice
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more Information

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health query and before opting for treatment options, do let me know about following points:

1. Gall stones due to under active thyroid [hypothyroidism] has shown to improve with Conservative line of treatment, but if due to other causes, medicines are not effective to that much extent.
2. any associated high cholesterol, or low thyroid profile or blood sugar.??
3. Age & weight of the patient??
4. any history of recurrent pain-jaundice-fever.?
5. any information by the doctor [whether cholesterol or pigment stones]?
6. women are probably at increased risk because estrogen stimulates the liver to remove more cholesterol from blood and divert it into the bile.[so age is requested]
7. any intolerance to FAT [nausea,vomiting]?

PS
. if we look into the Anatomy of Gall bladder, one will come to know, why it is difficult to remove them with Medicines, and Surgery is the best Available Treatment, if still you and family member wants to try Conservative treatment, I can furnish dietary regime and lifestyle modifications.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 47 minutes later
Dear Doctor
she is 29 years and did not checked her thyroid and blood sugar.she approched gynachologst (got married 10 months back) to plan for childern.doctor found cyst on left ovary.during scanning they identified two mobile calculi of size 8 & 6 mm.As of now she doesnot have medical issues.doctor suggested to remove galbladder.
Kindly advice for dietary regime and lifestyle modifications so that we will initially try this option.
XXXXX
Brief Answer:
Diet and lifestyle management

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

1.Take:
. Cucumbers, Green beans, Sweet potatoes, Avocados, Vinegars [all types], Garlic, ripe tomatoes,
lemon juice in the morning with hot water, apples, berries, papaya, pear.
. Vegetable juices - Beet and cucumber are especially helpful to gallbladder, avoid cabbage.
. Avoid all fruit juices except organic grape juice and organic apple: fresh, self-juiced is best [ dilute with water before drinking]
. High fibre [fresh fruits and vegetables] and low fat diet [skimmed milk], hing, old brown rice, barley, horse gram, moong dal, ginger, green leafy vegetables, oil massage, boiled water,

2.Avoid:
. Eggs, Onions, Beans and legumes,Coffee,Oranges, grapefruit,nuts,fried Foods, Spicy foods,Chocolate,Ice cream,Carbonated water,Tap water,artificial sweeteners, sugar, preservatives, refined and bleached foods .
. Fried foods, urad dal, tomato, turnip, milk and milk products, constipating/heavy food, soda, alcohol, tea, potato, beet root, dry raisins, sour food, cashew nuts.
. Take 3 gm ajwain [carom] seeds and eat, thereafter drink warm water.
. Chew sugarcane pieces and keep swallowing the juice.
. Drink 1 cup spinach leaf juice daily for 1 month.
. Drink 1 cup of radish leaves for 14 days.
. Take 3-4 spoons of olive oil in evening with warm water or milk.
. Grind onion and extract 20 gm juice and to it add 50 gm sugar candy powder [mishri] and drink.
. Since size of stone is less, thus you can get this prescription medicine ‘tilnala kshara’ to be taken orally in dose of 1 gm, thrice daily with honey and milk for 4 month.

PS
. Since she is asymptomatic, which means stone is in gall bladder, but problem will start once it gets into common bile duct resulting in attacks of severe pain: biliary colic so do follow your Surgeon Advice.
. Take vitamin-C-rich foods in your daily diet: like amla, orange, grapefruit, kiwi, cantaloupe, mango, strawberries, broccoli, red pepper, or tomato juice. [Since vitamin C is needed to properly synthesize bile; and deficient intake causes bile to become cholesterol-rich and increasing the likelihood of stone formation].
. do check with baseline Investigations.

Dr. Munish Sood
Naimittika

Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 32 minutes later
Dear Doctor
Thanks a lot
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You' re Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for your helpful concerns and prompt replies to my Consultation.

Best of Bestest wishes

Dr. Munish
Naimittika