Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Suffering from depression due to interpersonal issues with husband. How to get out of it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 632 Questions
Hi doctor, I am bit depression can u guide how to come out. Even i have personal problem from my husband. Even sexual life is also not good. Even he wont feel anything if i feel ill as well as any major disorder. I am feeling difficult to stay with him.Myself a software engineer. me to need a caring and romantic. But i never felt that he cant give the feeling of romance. Sometime i feel he is having disorder.please give me how can comeout from this problem
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 20 minutes later
Thanks for your query. I understand the extent of interpersonal issues with your husband and the toll it is taking on your mental health. I would suggest you XXXXXXX a clinical psychologist for what is called as marital or couples therapy which is a form of counselling and psychotherapy that will aid in fruitful resolution of the current issues. I would suggest trying an elder in your family to discuss the issues prior to meeting a clinical psychologist. At a later stage you can consider a psychiatric evaluation for yourself to rule out depression. Antidepressants as well as psychotherapy techniques like cbt or cognitive behavioral therapy might benefit you if you are indeed diagnosed with depression. Wish you happy married life.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from depression due to interpersonal issues with husband. How to get out of it? 12 minutes later
Can you suggest any doctor or clinic. need to take my husband to hospital. me myself can go and consult them.Is my husband having any serious disorder.
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 1 hour later
Nimhans fortis and st John's hospital are three good options at bangalore where both psychiatrist and clinical psychology services will be available.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor