Suffering from cold. History of ectopic heartbeats. Are they related?
Most colds are generally of viral origin. Viral infections are generally not treated with drugs or antibiotics. However, treatment is usually simply symptomatic.
Viruses in some rare cases can cause an infection or inflammation of the heart called myocarditis., Complications of viral heart infections range from simple non eventful pain to heart failure in very extreme cases.
Ectopic heartbeats shall rarely or almost impossibly be caused by a cold. It could be a mere coincidence. Evaluation of ectopic heart beats involve an electrocardiogram to ascertain the electrical activity of the heart and a cardiac ultrasound.
Visiting a cardiologist to undertake a keen clinical examination, do these tests to determine the actual cause and intensity of these beats is a good idea. Ectopic beats at times might not be a serious health threat or risk factor. But to come to such conclusions, serious causes must be excluded. I would suggest you take an appointment with a cardiologist. The colds have almost nothing to do with the ectopic heart beats.
Wish you a fast recovery and the best of health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ectopic heartbeats and cerazette
- Ectopic heartbeat virus
- Relaxation techniques for ectopic heartbeats
- Is ectopic heartbeat congenital
- Experience of treatment for ectopic heartbeat
- Water for ectopic heartbeats
- Ectopic heartbeats and bloating
- Suffering from cold history of ectopic heartbeats are they related
- Ectopic heartbeat and coughing
- Ectopic heartbeat in newborn