Suffering from ED. On cialis and clomid. Started premature ejaculation. Any suggestion?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Question: hi doctor , i have erectile dysfunction when i was 23 years, i felt the lack of desire & not have morning erection. i made many test for brain exray, and also i made doppler for erection. the doctor tell me is penis leakage. now i depend on cialis , distonex, clomid.now i have also premature ejaculation
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

It is unfortunate to hear about you.
The combination is difficult to manage and it seems you are coping up well.
Premature ejaculation needs treatment when the duration of penetrative intercourse is less than 1 minute, along with wife/partner dissatisfaction/ conflict.
If you fall in the category, help is available.
Lifestyle changes that would help ARE
1. Reduced duration of foreplay.
2. Diet consisting of dry fruits, nuts.
3. Stop during the act and restart after a few seconds to postpone the orgasm.
4. Mind diversion during the act can help delay.
5. If the erection is good enough, taking out and inserting again could help.
6. Specific medicines called anti- depressants have an effect on delaying the ejaculation.
Rather than a single factor, a combination of factors could do the trick.
Pls consult a urologist/ neurologist/ psychiatrist for counselling and prescription for the medicine.

Wishing you good health

DR GS

Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later
hi doctor

thanks for reply ,i try the method you mention but still less than one minute, so can you give me the name of anti- depressants without side effect.
also what about the penis leakage, i made two doppler test. the doctor tell me that the blood enter enough but not block good. so i try take 1/2 tablet cialis one after day for period whether have sex or no. but still i not feel good.

but when i take androgel, testoseterone injection. i feel it more benefit but you know that cause infertility.

i know inside that the cause is hypodasim , not engough testosterone. but i need something to take for care.
is it any medicine care the leakage totally?

thanks

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later
Hi Mr,

Welcome back. I will try to answer your questions one by one.

1. CIALIS - The dose is EITHER 5 mg daily OR 10 mg ( to a maximum of 20 mg) 3 to 4 hours before the sexual act ( only on demand).
2. PME - I understand your anxiety about the side effects. In fact, the medicines meant for delaying the ejaculation have the side effect of delaying the ejaculation. In this situation, side effect is DESIRABLE.
3. Venous leak - There are no known medicines for this problem. Earlier, surgical procedures were done, but they do not have desired success. Pls continue with the cialis for the erectile problem.
4. When the testosterone levels are low, it is always better to have regular dose of testosterone either as injections/gel or tablets. This is beneficial in getting your sexual life back to the desired level. The effect on fertility is controversial and hence there is no need to worry about it.
Hope i have answered all your queries. Kindly get back for doubts as and when they arise.

DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 hours later
thanks doctor for reply, i have some inquiries about using the medication
1- can i use cialis just before sex or use it reguraly like day after day, becouse my doctor recomend me to use reguraly thats will improving the leakage.
2- for testosterone , if i dont need to use gel or injection , can i use some tablet and is it effective for that ? give me the name of tablet.

thanks
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 49 minutes later
Hi
Welcome back.
Both modes of therapy - daily or if necessary can be practiced.
If taken daily 5 mg is the dose, if on demand it is between 10 to 20 mg.
I usually start with on demand method and later change to daily dose if necessary.
It is better not to combine testosterone and proviron.
If using alone, testosterone is available in the market as andriol capsules.
Kindly discuss with your doc before starting the same as certain tests need to be done like rectal examination and serum PSA.
DR GS