Can long term use of halcion cause lack of coordination and dizziness?

Dr. Manjeth Kumar G

Posted on Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Question: Can halcion after long term use cause temporary lack of coordination and dizziness? I take .5mg per night.Never had these reactions before.
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hello, It is not advisable to take Triazolam ( halcion) for long treatment of insomnia as it can cause temporary short-term memory loss and co-ordination problems. Further it cause severe withdrawal problems. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad