Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Suffer with depression, keep hitting hands and kicking anything. Diagnosed with OCD. What is it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
ive just been suspended due to behavioural problems I due suffer with depression but I keep hitting my hands kicking anything that I see it is a health and safety concern ive been diagnosed with ocd but I don't display any of the rituals handwashing cleaning tidying up or arranging items in order my anger gets a bit more out of control shouting swearing ive had thoughts of dying but I love my parents to much to do that to them
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Its already good that a diagnosis has actually been made. It very important for you to get a good medical consultation. I suggest booking an appointment with the psychiatrist, first, and probably a psychologist later.

It's important for you to develop a positive ideology and perspective towards life. Do not think you are worse than any body, or feel so bad, but its instead high time you realities and appreciate the reality of life.
There are always problems in one s life and it is therefore compelling for you to consider the daily life events AS normal, and part and parcel of life.

After consultation with your psychiatrist, following medical advice and being very compliant to your drugs are major guarantees to greatly improving your quality of life.

I strongly suggest you stay positive and feel well, as you book appointments and wait to see your psychiatrist and psychologist.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health.

Best regards,
Dr Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor