Stomach ache, bloating, nausea, vomiting, tiredness, negative pregnancy test, weight gain, frequent urination

Dr. Radhika

Posted on Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am having Stomach ache, Bloating, Nausea,light vomit and get tired easily.
My period was due Feb 13th, I took a pregnancy test at home yesterday and it came out negative.
I have gained some weight in a week's time and urge to eat more than normal. Also, the condition is causing frequent urination.
These symptoms are from one week.
Stomach ache is around the belly button, difficulty sleeping on the sides.

I need to understand the reason for these symptoms, possible cures and also recommendation for meeting a specialist doctor if required.
Answered by Dr. Radhika 57 minutes later

You are suffering from stomach ache, bloating of abdomen , nausea,and weight gain and frequent urination since since 1 week.

There can be few causes which could cause this like:
1. Acidity due to food poisoning.
2. Pregnancy.
3. Food allergeis.
4. Constipation

You will need a detailed examination by a Primary physician first.If it is due to food poisoining you might need to take antibacterial medications along with antacids like Prilosec twice before food.

These symtoms will also be seen in pregnancy,so you will need to repeat your urine pregnancy test.It is normally done 1 week after the expected date that is 20 th february.Repeat it tomorrow once again.

If needed a Ultrasound might be prescribed by your physician .Do not worry.Eat light bland meals.Avoid spicy and oily food,coffee, alcohol too.

Hope I have answered your query.If you do not have any follow up please accept my answer.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Radhika 18 minutes later
Thanks for your reply.
I would also like to know what is the best time to take the pregnancy test? Do i need to drink a lot water before taking the test?
I tried First Response Brand pregnancy kit, please do suggest if a better one is available.
Also, could you please let me know what food to intake, i am a person from South Indian origin, it would be helpful if you can suggest a few dishes.

Also, i am unable to sleep on the sides, could you suggest a position to sleep.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Radhika 3 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

The best time to take the pregnancy test will be early morning; it should be taken when you pass first time in the morning. There is no need to drink lots of water; drink normally.

You can try first response or crytal clear. Both have good response.

If you are indeed pregnant then you will need increase your intake of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, fruits, dry fruits, milk, fish, etc. Have cold milk and rusk in morning to avoid acidity and nausea. Avoid oily, fatty and spicy food. You might need to start on folic acid and calcium tablets too.

If you cannot sleep on the side then you can sleep on the back.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any follow up please accept my answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Radhika 30 hours later
Thanks for you reply.
As suggested earlier, i took a pregnancy test today(20th Feb) - the result was negative.
Their was a pink to brownish discharge from my Vagina, it was very minimal and it was one time not continuous discharge.

So i am confused what to do next.

Kindly suggest.

Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Radhika 16 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

If your test was negative then it is doubtful that you are pregnant.

Your periods might be delayed due to anxiety, wait for 2 to 3 days after which you will need to visit a gynecologist and take hormonal tablets for this.

It looks most probably like acidity with gastro esophageal reflex. Take Omeprazole tablets twice per day before food for 5 days. Also avoid all lentils, coffee, tea, alcohol too.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E