Started spotting after period. No itching, burning or foul smell. Sign of an infection?
This is nothing to worry about. It is common for young girls to have irregular periods. This means that it can last few days more or less. Also the intensity of bleeding is variable too.
Symptoms aren't always the same. It depends on hormonal balance which is each time you have period different.
If you wasn't sexually active then spotting is a sign of hyperactivity of ovarian and uterine mucosa.
This is not something to be concerned. If you feel bloated, have lower abdominal pain with fever or excessive vaginal bleeding then you need to visit the hospital as soon as you can.
Of course sometimes there is a particular cause of irregular bleeding such as polycystic ovaries, hormonal fluctuations, starting, stopping, or missing oral contraceptives or estrogens,low thyroid levels,certain drugs, stress, eating disorders and excessive exercise, but you should think of it only if your symptoms progress and persist at least 3 months.
Brown blood means nothing serious. It is a sign that blood has been metabolized in the uterus. As you said you have no any sign of infection. Irregular period is a rare sign of infection. If you notice discharge or burning sensation and sharp pain in pelvis then you should consider infection.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Menstrual spotting after period
- Started vomiting and spotting after period could i be pregnant
- Pink spotting after period
- Pinkorange spotting after period
- Spotting after periods abdominal pain foul smell have iud
- Orange spotting after period
- Perimenopause and spotting after period
- Brown spotting after period
- Started spotting after periods can i douche now
- Spotting after periods bad smell
- Undergone subtotal coloctomy. Found fluctuating hemoglobin level. On...
- Frequent stomach ache, shaky hands and dizziness. How to overcome this...
- Sore feet with burning and tingling sensation. How to overcome this...
- Diagnosed with internal hernia. What treatment should be done for cure?
- Diagnosed with peptic ulcer and severe stomach inflammation. Looking for...
- Not active sexually. What is the reason for missed period?
- Feeling weakness and tingling in arm. Is this a sign of any serious...
- Started spotting after period. No itching, burning or foul smell. Sign...
- Cryoablation done for prostate cancer. Noticed swollen penis testicles...
- Having pain in shoulder. What is causing this and required treatment?