Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Started shivering with fever and pain in bones all over body. Looking for relief

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
pain in the bones of my body,my holle body is shevring with feaver!
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

It seems like you have contracted a viral fever, probably Dengue or other viral illnesses.

Please get a complete blood count done to look at your platelet count, and ESR. To confirm if it is Dengue or not, you may get serum Dengue antibodies done.

However, I would like to reassure you that the treatment of Dengue or other viral illnesses is symptomatic, unless complicated.

You may start taking Tablet. Panadol (Acetaminophen) around 500mg every 4 hours for the fever to subside. You may also need effective analgesics like Motrin to alleviate the bone pains. Both are available over the counter. Take the medicines after food.

Take complete bed rest for a day or two. Drink plenty of water and fruit juices.

It may take a minimum of 3 weeks for the bone pains to go away. So, rest as much as you can, do not strain yourself physically.

Get well soon. Let me know if you have more concerns.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor