Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Started itching all over body after protected sex. What are the chances of STD?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3646 Questions
Hi I had a one night stand a few months ago, I used protection. Straight after I was itching all over, does this sound like I have caught a std? I have no obvious signs of any std's apart from itching around my genitals, especially my testicals. There are no rashes, lumps, just itching.
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 57 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

I would like to know some more details on your problem so that I can understand better and opine specifically.

How many days after exposure did the itching start?
Is the itching increasing over time?
Have you applied any medication on the affected part?
Do you have any other symptoms elsewhere in the body?

Waiting for your reply

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Started itching all over body after protected sex. What are the chances of STD? 55 minutes later
Itching started 30 minutes after intercourse. No the itching eased off a couple of weeks later. I am still itching around the groin area, however I am not sure if this is pyschosamatic? I did catch strep throat from the individual. I wonder if it could of been a symtom of the strep throat, considering I still itch? I have checked for louse and it is not it, I do not have any sores, pain when passing urine. I have not put anything on the itchy area. Could it of been an allergic reaction to the latex condom?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later

Thanks for the information.

Based on the history, I would not consider it to be a sexually transmitted disease of any kind.

The itching you have could be due to simple conditions like dryness of the skin around the genitalia which is more common in cold seasons. Symptoms usually subside soon on its own or with application of Vaseline (Petroleum jelly) or other moisturizer.

The other possibility is that it could be due to fungal infection. In here there may be mild colour change in the skin affected and there may be scales or powdery substance released on scratching. If you notice the same do apply antifungal creams like one containing MICANAZOLE.

Allergic irritant may also produce similar symptoms. Caladryl and a good moisturizer can be helpful.

In brief, I do not consider what you have as something serious as sexually transmitted disease. Local examination by a dermatologist is advisable.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor