Sleep aid,RA,OTC,auto immune disorder
The supplement facts are: L-theanine 200mg, Melatonin 2.5 mg, chamomile Flower Extract (Chamomilla recutita) 17mg, Passion Flower Extract (Passiflora incarnate)17mg, Lemon Balm Leaf Extract (Melissa officalis) 16mg.
Other ingredients: Medium chain Triglycerides, Geletin, Glycerin, Soy Lecithin, Water, Beeswax, Maltodextrin, Titanium Dioxide(artificial color), Blue 1, Red 40, Yellow 6.
Thanks for your query.
Melatonin has been linked to autoimmune hepatitis and precipitation of symptoms in 'Crohns disease'.
The problem relevant to RA are as follows:
1. Melatonin can promote collagen-induced arthritis in mice and stimulate primary cultures of synovial macrophages from RA patients to produce interleukin-12 as well as nitric oxide.
2. Recent studies by "Cutolo and Maestroni" indicate that melatonin production in RA patients seems to be higher than in healthy controls at the beginning of the night and in early morning.
Interestingly, the melatonin increase in the early morning correlated with the typical peaking of joint stiffness and pain.
Hope this answers your query. Should you have any more doubts, I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Excessive dreaming sleep disorder
- Sleep wake transition disorders
- Klonopin for sleep disorder
- Nortriptyline for sleep disorders
- Neurobion tablet and sleep disorders
- Smokeless tobacco "sleep disorder"
- Sleep disorder sleep paralysis
- Amitriptyline for sleep disorders
- Sleep disorders whom to consult
- Sleep disorders shaking at night