Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Skin on upper torso sensitive to touch, chest tightness and have extreme sun burn. How to get cured?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 926 Questions
My skin on my upper torso is extremely sensitive to touch, the feeling as if I had extreme sun burn. Also my chest is tight and feels like someone is pushing down on it when I take a XXXXXXX breath
I wondered if it was just tiredness as I have had a long day and been up since 4am but had many days like this and never had this before
It is especially painful around my armpits and breasts, to touch my skin feels like pins pricking my skin.
There is no rash or anything to see
I also have a headache
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 3 hours later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

These are the possibilities I can think of

1. Breast and armpit tenderness, headache and chest tightness could be to
pre menstrual syndrome.
2. Fibroadnoma/ cyst in the breast
3. Gastritis/GERD
4. Chest infection
5. some inflammation in the breast
6. Stress/ Anxiety

It would be better if you visited your physician ; who might perform a breast examination and respiratory system examination. It might be worthwhile to do a few basic investigations like hemoglobin, WBC count, thyroid function test , blood sugars,ECG , Blood pressure recording , if your doctor thinks it necessary.

In the meantime have plenty of warm fluids to drink. Have a Tylenol(acetaminophen 500mg) if no history of drug allergy and see if it helps.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.
Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor