Skin irritations on temples, upper arms. Found nodules on thyroid gland. Sore to touch. Any advice?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am 44, 140lbs/ 5'9", I have recently developed frequent skin irritations on my temples, upper arms, & deltoids. Upon seeing several doctors, an endocrinologist discovered nodules on my right thyroid gland which was biopsied (benign). I was not put on thyroid meds as my levels were considered normal. Now several months later, I awaken to an indention in my right shoulder muscle that is about the size & depth of a XXXXXXX thumb impression. When touched it feels sore like an injury but nothing has happened? I plan to go to a doctor but don't know which to see. I've been to my GP but she didn't seemed concerned, it has since grown deeper. Any advice? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi welcome and thanks for writing in.
It looks like that your present complaints are not related to thyroid or previous skin lesions
I would like to know whether you had any trivial trauma to shoulder?
Such kind of depression may be due normal deltoid groove. It is possible that you have examined it for the first time . If you want to consult a doctor then it will be helpful to XXXXXXX orthopaedic surgeon. Exact nature and diagnosis will be possible after detailed clinical examination by expert.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern please let me know.
Regards.