Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

128 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Skin irritations on temples, upper arms. Found nodules on thyroid gland. Sore to touch. Any advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 561 Questions
I am 44, 140lbs/ 5'9", I have recently developed frequent skin irritations on my temples, upper arms, & deltoids. Upon seeing several doctors, an endocrinologist discovered nodules on my right thyroid gland which was biopsied (benign). I was not put on thyroid meds as my levels were considered normal. Now several months later, I awaken to an indention in my right shoulder muscle that is about the size & depth of a XXXXXXX thumb impression. When touched it feels sore like an injury but nothing has happened? I plan to go to a doctor but don't know which to see. I've been to my GP but she didn't seemed concerned, it has since grown deeper. Any advice? Thank you.
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi welcome and thanks for writing in.
It looks like that your present complaints are not related to thyroid or previous skin lesions
I would like to know whether you had any trivial trauma to shoulder?
Such kind of depression may be due normal deltoid groove. It is possible that you have examined it for the first time . If you want to consult a doctor then it will be helpful to XXXXXXX orthopaedic surgeon. Exact nature and diagnosis will be possible after detailed clinical examination by expert.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern please let me know.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist