Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Should i be concerned over flutter feeling at the end of my rib cage in the centre of my abdomen?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
for the last couple of days i have intermittently had a pulse / flutter feeling at the end of my rib cage in the centre of my abdomen. it is visible to see. it has gone after a few mins, should i go to get it checked, It has not been whilst doing exercise, i have been sat down at the time . I am a 49 yr old female.
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: blood pressure, ECG at initial stage Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I understand perfectly how this could be, especially if you are observing it for the very first time. It is however important to be sure you have never had this feeling. Any history of heart disease or abnormal heart beat in the past is worth noting. In case this is the very first time, the circumstances under which you observed this are important. It is not rare at times to see, when looking closely at ones heart pulse through the chest. It is however a call for concern if you actually recognize that it is regular. If it is your first time or recognizing this, and you are convinced it is actually irregular, my advice is to get to get an urgent medical review for an electrocardiogram (ECG) to check heart rhythm, a chest X ray and cardiac ultrasound to be done, coupled with a complete physical examination, to know exactly what is going on. I suggest you consult your primary care physician, and get the necessary preliminary tests done as shall be directed by your doctor. Kind regards as wish you the best of health. Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor