Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Should i be concerned about my husband's edema in the lower legs, ankles and feet?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
My husband had a sudden attack of edema in the lower legs, ankles & feet. Along with this is shortness of breath when lying down and distended abdomen. Is this an emergency situation or can we wait a couple of weeks (until insurance kicks in) to see the doctor?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: emergency Detailed Answer: Hello, Its important that you dont delay in seeking medical attention. These symptoms sometimes indicate heart failure or cardiac related issues. I suggest you seek emergency medical attention. Dont wait couple of weeks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor