Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Should I take HIV test again after having a negative HIV DNA PCR Qualitative test?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
I have a protected oral sex 15 Jun 13 when I was in US and done all types of STD tests on 2 Jul 13 after returning back to Inida , which the results for all these are found negative.These tests includes HIV I and II and HIV DNA PCR Qualitative test which are negative. DO you I need to have the HIV tests again now
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: get tested once again now Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, You have had protected oral sex, and the tests are negative after immediately around 17 days of the exposure. The tests that you have done are highly specific and reliable tests. However, in my opinion, it is possible that you may have done the tests a bit too early. Hence, I suggest you to get tested once again now. You can repeat the same tests. If the result is negative now, then you are for sure, HIV negative. Hope this helps. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor