Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Should I be worried about tender bump on penis?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9620 Questions
I am a little concerned, a little more than a week ago a raised bump about the size of a BB pellet appeared on the top part of my penis. It is pinkish in color and sometimes has a very small amount of white at the top. It is slightly tender to the touch, but not painful. Should I be worried
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It could be infection of glans penis (Ballanitis.) Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts and photograph hat you have posted it appears that you have tender bump over your base of penis.since a week. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem 1) Did you have unprotected sex very recently before having this bump.? 2) Did you shave your private parts very recently? 3) Do you have itching of the penis ? Mostly this is due to infection of the glans penis ( Ballanitis). Most likely this seems to be infection of hair follicle (Vascullitis) Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily and topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily.. Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily.and avoid sexual activities till it gets cured completely. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Should I be worried about tender bump on penis? 12 minutes later
1. No. 2. Yes. 3. No. In my original message I mentioned that it had been a week, I had intended to say that it was actually about a month ago when it originally appeared. The lump is not located on the glans, but on the penis shaft.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: This is due to infectionof hair follicle. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for feed back . Please take the treatment I have suggested in my reply earlier. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor