Should I be concerned with hiv infection after unprotected intercourse?
Regarding your question of HIV risk there is no way to determine risk from a single exposure. Your risk can only be determined based on the sexual history of your partner. If your partner has a history of drug use this is also something that you should be concerned about.
If you'reseriously concerned about your level of risk you should have a discussion with your partner. If you're not able to complete this type of discussion you should have complete sexually transmitted disease testing.
Thanks again for sending your question.
From the additional information you have provided I would regard to risk as relatively low but it is definitely not zero. If you want 100% guarantee that you have not contracted a certain infection you need to have testing performed.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chances of hiv infection after having sex with prostitute
- Should i be concerned with hiv infection after unprotected intercourse
- 8 years after possible hiv infection cbc
- Reddening of lips in hiv infection
- Does hiv infection occur without sexual intercourse
- Productive cough after hiv infection
- Wbc count for hiv infection after 3 years
- Frottage hiv infection
- Are there any chances of hiv infection after protected sex
- One year after hiv infection