Sharp pain in the penis at age of 13. Puberty ?
Thanks for posting your query.As mother your concern is appreciable.Puberty can not lead to this much pain.
First of all to have some more clue, please ask him following questions,
1. Any trauma to the part or did he rub the penis. (The stimulation of the organ starts early). In such a case there can be trivial one.
2. Any problem with urination like red urine, pain during urination
Please have a look at the part and try to find if there is swelling and redness. He should be immediately be examined by his Pediatrician / GP. He may need an Ultrasound and Urine analysis.
The possible reasons for this kind of uncomfortable pain could be
1.Trauma to the part
2.Infection in urinary tract or stone disease
3.Infection in testis
4.Tight clothes putting pressure on it.
Meantime you can give a Tab Advil 200mg, that he is comfortable with it. Give proper support to genitals, avoid tight clothes and rest.
Hope this answers your query. Please let me know if you have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Testicular pain,lower abdominal pain,inguinal pain
- Bleeding bump at back of head after getting hurt,nauseousness while...
- Is delayed periods post unprotected sex a sign of pregnancy?
- What dietary changes do I need to make to avoid bleeding in stools?
- What could be the cause of lump formation on the outer ear leading to pain?
- Colonoscopy, sissel polyp, bleeding, constipation
- Is it possible to analyze the patency in case of sex with multiple...
- Miscarriage, trying to conceive, ovulating, CT scan radiation, postpone...
- Rectal pressure, tail bone pain, no problem in bowels, inflammation,...
- Can the medicine applied to the anus cause side effects?