Sex after candid v3 treatment
Thanks for your query.
Candid V3 vaginal pessaries are usually given for the vaginal fungal infections. It needs to be used for three consecutive nights.
Now after inserting the pessary inside the vagina it usually gets dissolved and the active drug is absorbed by the vaginal mucosa in around one hour.
If you want to have sex with your partner after inserting the pessary then at least wait for one hour for the drug to get dissolved properly. Then use the condom while having sex.
Rest of the inactive ingredients of the pessary will either come out sticking to the condom or you can wash the area properly with water next morning.
Usually the infection is recurrent in nature and you might need repeated courses after 4-6 months for same symptoms again.
It is best to slightly wet the pessary with a drop of water before inserting it in for earlier and better absorption.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.
Thank You. I have further question for you. I have read that clotrimazole antifungal vaginal tablets may reduce the effectiveness of the latex condoms and that one should wait for atleast 3 days before one have sex using condoms. I am going on a trip with my husband and mostly we will be sexually active at that time. I do not want to risk getting pregnant at all. If I start taking the tablet tonight that is 13th May Friday and finish the treatment by Sunday, will it be safe for us to have sex using condom as a protection on Monday night? Will any ingredient from the medicine affect the effectiveness of the condom? Please Advise. Thank You.
You can safely use condoms from monday onwards. Just be careful to wash your vagina properly on monday morning with plenty of fresh water.Any ingredient of the tablet is not so harsh so as to damage the latex of the condom.Do not worry.Enjoy your trip.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...