Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Severe dysplasia. Hysterectomy done. Want to do HCG diet. Can it be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
I am 39 years old and want to do the hcg diet. I had a hysterectomy last year after being diagnosed with CIN III - severe dysplasia. I know this isn't cancer but it is abnormal cell growth. You can't do the diet if you've been treated for cancer. Can I still consider this diet?
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 3 hours later

Thanks for consulting us.

This is good to know that you are well aware of your health problems & are weight conscious as well. Hope you are having regular follow ups with your treating Gynecologist & there is no evidence of recurrence.

There are other more sensible ways to lose weight. These include balanced diets & exercising. Realistic goals can be made & accomplished after consulting a dietitian.
In addition, FDA has not approved hcg diets & issued several letters to companies warning them that they are selling illegal homeopathic HCG weight-loss drugs that make unsupported claims.
After giving you this information & to complete my answer I would like to add that so far there is no published research that indicate any harmful effect of this diet on CIN III treated patients.
So better to play safe & do what is considered safe practice.

Wish you good health.

Best Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor