Scrotum pain, weeping scrotum. soft mass behind testicle, tubular in mass. Any ideas?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 14 Jun 2012 in Testicle Problems
Question: Over the past few weeks I have noticed some light pain in my scrotum. I have also experienced what I call a "weeping scrotum, in that I get "tears" that drip from the back side of my scrotum. Today I also found a soft mass beside left testicle. I think that it is tubular in mass. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Mild pain in scrotum with a swelling beside the testicle, weeping scrotum and ascites could be due to an infection of the epididymis- epididymitis or a testicular mass.
A proper focal examination and evaluation are entailed. It needs to evaluated by ultrasound and MRI of the scrotum which you can do under the guidance of your physician.
Treatment depends on the cause. Infections are usually treated by systemic antibiotics which will be prescribed by your physician after proper investigations.
Right now I do not think any over the counter drugs or simple measures can help you much.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T