Owl Image

Scan report came with gestational sacs. Suggested for termination. Any possibility to continue?

Question
Hi, my last menstrual period is on oct 23rd (my cycle is 27 days). they did vaginal scan 2 weeks back...i had 2 gestational sacs measuring 9.3mm and 9.2mm... today i had another vaginal scan and i have 2 gestational sacs measuring 1.8 and 1.75 cm but no yolk sac and no heart beat... doc said no hopes of healthy pregnancy and i shud go for D&C or medical termination... we want to go for one more last u/s next week.. pls let us know whether we shud go for termination... wil there be any chance to have yolk sac and heart beat after one week?
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
By your dates you are almost 8 weeks pregnant by now.Normally in pregnancy, cardiac activity appears my 6-7 weeks. In twins it should definitely appear by 6 weeks.
I agree with your doctor that chances of a live pregnancy are less.You may end up with a missed abortion. You can of course,wait another week and repeat the ultrasound.But you need to remember that chances of getting a positive result are low.