Ruptured follicle seen and prescribed HSG injection 5000IU. Any suggestion?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Infertility Problem
Question: I had undergone follicular study from 9th day period.. On 14 th day of follicular test Dr. has remarked that "recently ruptured follicle seen (8mm Trilaminar) Evacuated Follicular Fluid seen in all-de-sac". After seen the Follicular study Dr. has prescribed HSG injection 5000IU. Please clarify me at this stage this injection is useful or otherwise.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later
The path of treatment taken is absolutely taken. Although normally the Inj HCG 5000IU is usually given just before the follicle ruptures.But of you have multiple follicles which are yet to rupture then this injection would help in rupturing the follicles and hence,ovulation.This is the best time to have intercourse. In case this cycle is not fruitful,then stay on the same treatment plan. Continue follicular monitoring day 9,11,13,14,15 etc.Then if the largest follicle is at least 18-22 mm in size, Inj HCG can be given again.