Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Redness and itching in fingers, sore lumps, tried eczema cream. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
Hi I have red itch 2 fingers on separate hands the skins common off and it has tiny lil lumps really sore I have tried eczema cream sudo cream What could this be
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 42 minutes later

Thank you for posting the query,

I understood your problem however it would be good if you can answer few of my queries:
1) Do you get tiny little water filled lesions(vesicles) on sides of your fingers ?
2) Do you also observe any scaling over the lesions ?
3) Do you wear any sort of rings in your fingers ?
4) Do you observe any oozing from the lesion?

Answer to these questions would help me understand your problem better.Even a close up picture of the lesion would help me further.
You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.You can also email the same to YYYY@YYYY with “ATTN: ” in the subject line.

I shall address your concern based on your current given information.
With history what you have submitted ,there seems to be two possibilities.

One possibility is of allergic reaction to soaps or detergents also known as Allergic contact Dermatitis .The other possibility is of Pompholyx where in one observes tiny vesicles over sides of fingers .

Treatment of both the conditions are nearly similar.One has to use topical steroid creams with antibiotic combination .You can even take oral anti-histaminics tablets to control itching .

Avoidance of the allergen is very important (probably soaps and detergents in your case ) .If you are wearing any metal rings in your fingers then it should also be avoided.

If you can reply me with the answers and the pictures, I would be able to suggest you better.

Awaiting for your reply.


Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor