question-icon

Reddish bumps on chest, legs, back and arms. Scab formation. Allergy?

Posted on Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Question: Woke up one week ago with red bumps on my chest, belly legs, back and arms. They itch only if I happen to scratch myself. They develope a tiny scab in the center with skin drying out in a circle around the bumps. Doesn't seem to be getting better. I have never experienced this before.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (10 hours later)

Based on your description of the lesions I would like to consider them to be due to allergy.

The allergen causing allergic reaction is hard to find , I would suggest you to change the bed linen and the sheets, which is one of the most common modes of acquiring an allergen.

Do take a trial dose of Benadryl , If you see the lesions fading then it clearly indicates it is due to allergy and taking Benadryl for three days will solve the problem.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Raju A.T