Recurring UTI after having sex, urine culture showed E.coli. Is there a permanent cure?
Thanks for the query.
Recurrent UTI is a common problem in women who are sexually active.The cause basically happens to be infection due to inadequate hygiene during or after sexual intercourse.The bacteria causing this is called E.coli.Its not a sti. But can be transmitted from sexual partners if poor hygiene is maintained during or after intercourse.You need to make sure that your partner and you both are maintaining good cleanliness esp after sex. Also recurrent infections are more common in diabetics so make sure you are tested. Drink plenty of water and you can try TRACFREE which is a medicine that helps in recurrent utis. In case you dont get any relief you should go for a cystoscopy to check if there is any damage to the bladder wall.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Urine culture showed providencia rettgeri
- Urin culture shows insignificant
- Can uti be cured permanently
- Can cmv be detected in urine culture for uti
- Uti negative urine culture burning remains
- Ecoli found in urine culture
- Experienced frequent uti urine culture showed e coli infection suggest
- Urine culture showed morgani species
- Antibiotic for mrd ecoli in urine culture
- Urine culture shows ecoli infection prescribed moxicip safe for fetus