Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Reached menopause. Feel excessive body heat. Feel like changing clothes. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
When I move around the ,body heat can be so severe that I feel the need to rewash or/and change to dry clothing. Stopped menstual cycles about 10 years ago. Symptoms since childhood.10 to 30 pounds over. More severe since 2012.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thyroid profile test and blood sugar levels

Detailed Answer:
Hi nunnallys,
Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Being a GP, If someone comes to my clinic with such complaints I will first rule out following in the order of priority with examination and investigations.
1. thyroid problem
2. hypoglycemia

So with the symptoms I first advice you to get thyroid profile test done, in case of hyperthyroidism there will be increased sensitivity to heat and excess sweating. If you get any abnormality in thyroid function test needs to be evaluated further by endocrinologist

In case of reduced blood sugar levels in blood also causes sweating and easy fatigue.Get your fasting and post prandial blood sugar test done.
You can wear cotton light colored clothes.

Hope I answered your question.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor