Pregnant. Feeling urge to urinate but no urine, have digestion problem. Medication and precaution?

Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Question: Hi,
from past 2 days, i have been to washroom for more than 15 times. i feel that i need to go to urinate every minute but nothing comes up. this is happening for the second time. earlier, it was urine infection. i don't know what is it this time. moreover, i feel acidity all the time and have problem in digestion. also, i am pregnant. can you please suggest me some medicines and precautions while eating so that i cn deal with all these problems. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks & Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 41 minutes later

In pregnancy because of low immunity, chances of urine infection are more.

In my opinion, you probably seem to be having urine infection leading to frequent micturition. I would suggest you to give your urine sample for routine and culture test.

Depending on the report, your local doctor may put you on antibiotics etc.

Meanwhile, for acidity, try eating banana it helps in eliminating acidity.

Take curd in your diet, it contains lactobacilli which helps in removal of bad bacteria from gut and urogenital organs.

Use condom during sexual intercourse to reduce the chances of urogenital infection. Avoid wearing panty at bedtime and drink lot of fluids.

Let me know if you have more concerns.

Best wishes

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E