What causes severe pain in the prostate area?
Bladder infection vs prostatitis
It is likely from your description that you have a genitourinary infection. It may be prostatitis, but it could also be a bladder infection.
I strongly advise that you go in to an urgent care clinic, or if you don't have a 24 hour or late night one near you, go in to the ER. There they will get a urine sample for urinalysis and likely a culture. They can also check your prostate.
Getting a urinalysis and if abnormal (which I think it will be), a culture, is important as then you can get treatment for this. If a culture and sensitivity test is done, then they will know which antibiotic is most effective if there is an infection.
So go in now.
Regarding how long it takes for us to respond, it can take up to 24 hours, but usually someone will respond within an hour or two.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in bladder and penis
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes severe pain in anterior and lateral of thigh
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in lower thoracic area
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis