Precaution to avoid hiccups and snoring during sleep? How to reduce belly fat?

Dr. Kulbir Singh

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: What Precaution should be taken to avoid hickups during sleep?
How to become a Medium Fat?
getting too much of snoring during a night sleep, what can be the solution and how to reduce belly fat.

Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
Snoring happens when you can't move air freely through your nose and mouth during sleep. Often caused by the narrowing of your airway, either from poor sleep posture or abnormalities of the soft tissues in your throat. A narrow airway gets in the way of smooth breathing and creates the sound of snoring.

Common causes of snoring are age, nasal and sinus problems, Being overweight or out of shape, Alcohol, smoking, and medications and Sleep posture.

Some Lifestyle changes that help in stopping snoring are:
1. Lose weight. Losing even a little bit of weight can reduce fatty tissue in the back of the throat and decrease or even stop snoring.
2. Exercise can also help to stop snoring by reducing fat and strengthen the muscles.
3. Quit smoking.
4. Avoid alcohol, sleeping pills, and sedatives, especially before bedtime.
5. Establish regular sleep patterns.
6. Clear nasal passages before going to the bed.
7. Keep bedroom air moist with a humidifier. Dry air can irritate membranes in the nose and throat.
8. Reposition. Elevating your head four inches may ease breathing and encourage your tongue and jaw to move forward.
9. Avoid caffeine and heavy meals within two hours of going to bed, especially dairy products and soymilk.
10. Sleep on your side. Avoid sleeping on your back.

In some patients CPAP, dental appliances, oral devices or surgery is needed to get cured depending upon the cause. Feel free to consult your doctor for this.

Now about Hiccups avoid over eating at dinner time, take a walk or sit straight for about 45 minutes after meals and before going to sleep. Try to reduce weight and maintain it as per your height.

About your last query that Simple brisk walking is sufficient.
2. Avoid all type to spicy, fatty, oily and sugary food.
3. Use baked food as much as you can.
4. Keep yourself hydrated and drink about 8 glasses of water per day.
5. Make a diet chart according to the calories present in the food you select and take that much diet per day.
6. Do not exceed the number of calories you have to take per day. Finally it all just depends on how many calories you consume. It is the calories which results in weight gain. Take calories according to your weight (about 1900 calories per day). Burn your calories to reduce weight by regular exercises.

Hope this will help you. Write if you have any follow up query.

Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh