Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Polycystic ovary condition. Taking pills to regularize periods. Will it be difficult to get pregnant?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
i was wondering if im a under the correct impresion about my ovary condition? my polycystic ovary condition, my doctor says that it will be difficult getting pregnant that it will have to get some treatment, basically really work for it.i never have ask for a second opinion but with that condition is that a usual situation?my entire life i had issues with my period as a teenager it lasted for weeks and then sometimes a year will go by without it. only when at my 20's when i started to have sex i look for a doctor and the pills got me on a regular cicle that is why i never stop taken them even when im not having would that be correct idea that getting pregnant will de difficult?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
PCOD is a common problem in today's life due to sedentary habit & taking heavy & fast food.
It can cause irregular periods by creating anovulatory (egg is not released) condition & that condition can create difficulty in conception. It is not right to say that PCOD patients would not get pregnant, we have seen thousands of patients who conceived after the diagnosis of PCOD and adopted good lifestyle and treatment. So do not lose hope and I suggest you to hold on a good thought of getting pregnant.
First thing to control PCOD is weight reduction & regular exercise.
If problem still persists, then medication like metformin is started.
If you want to get pregnant, stop your contraceptive pills & consult your doctor for local examination & get some investigations like random blood sugar, LH, FSH & estrogen level done for further evaluation.

I hope your query has been answered. I will be available to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, then please close the discussion by rating it.

Dr.Monika choudhary

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor