Please help, 47 yr old male. For the past 2

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Fri, 25 Jan 2019 in General Health
Question: Please help, 47 yr old male. For the past 2 months I've had unbearable abdominal pains, with no primary care physician went to er 2 weeks ago, they ct'd my gallbladder no stones. I still can not eat or drink without getting unbearable, unable to breath gas for several hours after a meal, I'm taking mylanta, simithicone, nexium antispasmodic drugs for and ibs situation I don't have, still no relief... What the hell is going on... Cbc was 13000 at er, with infiltrates in lungs but no other medical test was done, 4 Mos ago I was playing tennis, now I can't walk 100ft without the gas pains strangling my diaphragm???? I seriously cannot eat anything, oatmeal, peanut butter, cereal, obviously nothing else. Had a 6in chicken breast subway at noon, finally 7 hrs later I can Breath for a moment...
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Suspected pancreatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think you may be suffering from pancreatitis, probably chronic pancreatitis. It is the chronic inflammation if pancreatic gland that still continue after the acute episode you had of acute pancreatitis.
You can do an MRI of pancreas CT scan and or ultrasound. Also you can measure glucose tolerance test to test insulin secretions.
Also you may test amylase and lipase levels.
You may take amylase and lipase and insulin if it's needed.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 9 hours later
Is than an emergency room situation you think because of the possibility of infection or other organ damage? I don't have a primary right now, would the er even look at me?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly chronic pancreatitis, not emergency.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again dear and thank you for asking again.
You have been with this symptoms for four months so I don't think this is an emergency situation because it can be classified as chronic pancreatitis.
The first time when it burst and you were in ER probably it was acute and you went to ER.
I think you rather need a GP than ER.
Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana