Please Advise If Ayurveda Will Help In The Stomach And BP Problems?
further necessary information
Thanks for contacting the Ayurveda section of [A]YUSH and after reviewing your health query, I'm of the following opinion:
1. Although initially, the two health conditions seem unrelated to each other, on closer inspection, one can deduce one common etiology between the two, i.e. STRESS which can either be [physical/emotional, mental] and can behave as a CAUSE & EFFECT in increasing high blood pressure and Indigestion [leading to acidity/bloating]
2. It will be wise to take an opinion of a Gastroenterologist, to exclude any ulcer in the stomach [causing heartburn/acidity/pain around navel after lunch].
PS. According to FDA report: Acid reflux [heartburn] is found among people who take Telmisartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old and have Depression.
3. Dietary Regimen: [since in Ayurveda we hold that all the disease arise from the stomach thus it is the digestive system which has to be corrected, prior to blood pressure]
- Take: old brown rice,bitter gourd,white gourd melon,green vegetables,cold water, pipalli,harad,garlic,honey,amla,rice water gruel,barley water,milk,Shatavari.
- Avoid: newly harvested rice,chick pea flour,black gram,horse gram,potato,brinjal, saindhav namak, kanji,spicy food,tea/coffee,alcohol,junk food,daytime sleeping, tomato,white sesame seed,curd,painkillers [NSAID's],
4. HOME REMEDIES [of your choice]
. Drink 4 spoons of aegle marmelos leaves juice for 14 days.
. try to suck a piece of clove for immediate relief.
. fresh mint juice
. banana,cucumber,water melon are natural antacids
. glass of warm water [early morning]
. coconut water [3-4 times a day]
. suck 10 gm jaggery everyday [after meals] if there is constant acidity.
3 pinch dry ginger powder
3 pinch amla powder
3 pinch sugar and eat this mixture for 1 month
. Avoid forward bending or Immediately lying down after eating, instead go for head high position at night.
. loose excess weight
. maintain good posture.
. do not eat one large meal at one time, instead take smaller, more frequent meals during the day.
6. If interested in Ayurveda management, kindly let me know since I do prepare result oriented Ayurveda medicine for correcting the Agni [Metabolism] and help to rectify the root cause, i.e. both stomach and high blood pressure.
Dr. Munish sood