Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Planning for a baby. TSH level and prolactin reduced after taking cabgolin. Semen analysis was done. Findings?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
am planning for a baby, My TSH level was 6.89 and Prolaction was 55.2. I took cabgolin 0.25mg. Now my TSH is 5.55 and prolaction is 1.6.
My Husband took semen analysis, Sperm vitality 30 %
Sperm count (Millions / ml) 11.0 millions/ml
Sperm count per ejaculate 12.1 millions/ejaculate . shape and rest all fine.

I would like to know, who has to take treament me or my husband ?
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 41 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Your TSH levels are on higher side. You have borderline hypothyroidism. Please consult a physician for getting the prescription of the medication.

2) Your husband's semen analysis shows oligospermia. normally sperm count per ml should be more than 15 million / ml. His Sperm count is very low. He needs to see an XXXXXXX and get himself examined for the reason of such low count. Presence of varicocele has to be ruled out.

3) Since your age is already 36, I am afraid your ovarian reserve might be depleting and as age advances, the quality and quantity of eggs in your body reduce. Hence I suggest you dont waste more time and start getting treated early snd go ahead with ICSI procedure.

4) ICSI procedure is one where eggs are taken out of your body and best sperms from your husband's semen are selected and injected into the eggs and an embryo is formed which is then transferred into your womb ( uterus)

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.


Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor