Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis stayed red around the hole after playing. Why?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10300 Questions
penis stayed red around hole after playing
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The redness of penis hole after playing could have occurred due to abrasion of the penis during the oral sexual encounter. Since the penis is a highly vascular organ, any slight superficial injury will appear like a red or bluish "Angry" looking lesion. But this is a benign condition and heal on its own and subside on its own.

Application of 1 % Hydrocortisone cream to the red and inflammed part of the penis might help reduce the discomfort and sensitivity.

In addition taking medication like Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day will help in early resolution of the symptoms.

In case the sex was provided by a person not known to you, the chances of STDs could be higher. In such a situation testing for STDs including gonorrhea, chlamydia and herpes would be helpful to prevent further spread of infection and more complications.

In addition development of symptoms including fever, mucopurulent discharge, burning micturition, ulceration, bleeding from the discolored areas of the penis and enlarged lymph nodes in the groin are symptoms that you should watch out for. In such a situation consulting a doctor for an examination and STD testing might be helpful.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Penis stayed red around the hole after playing. Why? 17 hours later
Is that way sometimes when pieing it feels like little drips of water stays inside because of that redness.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The feeling you are having may be due to mild irritation locally due to mild infection. If the symptoms aggravate, systemic antibiotics may be needed. You may get a routine urine examination done to find out the possible infection.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor