Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Pelvic scan showed enlarged blood vessels in fallopian tube. What causes these?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Hi i wonder if you can help? I had a pelvic scan recently. It showed that i have too many & enlarged blood vessels on the left fallopian tube. As a result i have been referred to a gynaecologist. But i wondered if you can tell me what causes these & also are they doing me any harm & what is the treatment? Also while having sex with my boyfriend he cant always penetrate me as i'm too tight. What causes this & how do i stop it from happening? Would the two be linked?
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
hi Lauraayre,
thanks for the query.

the possible causes for excess and enlarged on the fallopian tubes are,

-pelvic inflammatory disease: because of infection of XXXXXXX reproductive organs blood supply increases to that parts.
anemia by decreasing the immunity increase the chances of infection.

-endometriosis of fallopian tube: when the endometrium of the uterus grows on other areas it is called endometriosis,
in endometriosis of fallopian tube also there will be increased be increased blood supply.

-infection of other abdominal organs like appendicitis can also lead to congestion of fallopian tubes along with other organs.

Difficulty in penetration into vagina can be because vaginismus, means vaginal tightness causing discomfort, pain or penetration problems.
The severity can range from mild to severe.

All the above causes which can lead to increased blood supply of fallopian tubes can also lead to vaginismus by causing pain during intercourse and further leading to voluntary or involuntary contraction of vaginal muscles.
Vaginismus can also occur by other causes like tight vagina, urinary tract infections etc.

To treat the problem the cause should be treated,
In case of pelvic inflammatory disease antibiotics to be given,
The treatment of endometriosis depends on its extent of spread, either medical like hormonal therapy or surgical.
The other abdominal causes to be treated accordingly.
In case of tight vagina sometimes dilatation will help, surgery may be needed in some.
After getting examined by your gynecologist, the actual cause can be find out and treatment can be given.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor