What causes painful urination when diagnosed with UTI?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 3 Oct 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i had painful urination last night. i believe i had uti. i drank lots of water and got on the tub for 20 minutes. pain when i urinate went away. however , i m feeling bloated now. when i wipe off my self after peeing, there was blood. i need a obgyn to answer me .
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most likely to be due to Acute UTI.(Cystitis)

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have infection of Bladder (Cystitis)

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Are you diabetic?

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 16 hours later
My A1C is 6.1. My glucose is 98. I had early menopause coz of ovarian cyst when I was 31 and 36. I was on hormone therapy for 10 years. I feel okey since I submerge myself to hot water in the tub and drank lots of water. IIs it ok to take cranberry pill 500 miligrams everyday?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can take Cranburry pill .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

You can take Cranburry pill .However taking antibiotic will help to resolve the problem earlier .
Thanks and Regards.
dr.Patil.